Terms & Conditions
OPE Careers (“this Site”) is sponsored and supported by the Canadian Printable Electronics Industry Association (CPEIA). Any and all use of OPE Careers and any all information and materials contained therein is conditional on your acceptance of the terms and conditions of use set forth below. If you do not agree to abide by these Terms and Conditions, you should not use this Site or download or use any content from it. These Terms and Conditions apply exclusively to your access to and use of this Site.
1. Changes to Terms and Conditions
OPE Careers has the right, in its sole discretion, to add to, remove, modify or otherwise change any part of these Terms and Conditions in whole or in part, at any time.
2. Changes to this Site
OPE Careers may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of this Site without notice or liability for any reason whatsoever. OPE Careers reserves the right but not the duty, in its sole discretion, to correct any errors or omissions in any portion of this Site at any time without notice.
3. Permitted and Prohibited Uses
The Site may be used only for lawful purposes by individuals seeking employment and career information (“Candidates”), and by employers (“Employers”) and recruitment companies (“Recruiters”) seeking employees. You agree to use the Site only to send Materials and receive Content that are proper and related to the purpose of the Site.
Subject to these Terms and Conditions, OPE Careers grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to access, use and view this Site and the Content thereon, solely for your own personal or internal company use, provided, however, that you may not, nor may you allow others to, directly or indirectly:
- remove, from any copy of the Content downloaded, the copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the Content
- sell, reproduce, modify or attempt to modify the Content in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use them for any public or commercial purpose, including without limitation use of the Content on any other web site
- transfer the Content to any other person without the written consent of OPE Careers
- print or copy any of the HTML or other computer programs that are accessible at this Site
- use this Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair this Site
- interfere with the security of, or otherwise abuse, this Site or any services, system resources, accounts, servers or networks connected to or accessible through this Site or affiliated or linked sites
- disrupt or interfere with any other person’s use or enjoyment of this Site or affiliated or linked sites
- upload, post or otherwise transmit on this Site any Materials that would negatively affect the functioning of the Site
- use any robot, spider or other automatic program or device, or manual process to monitor, copy, summarize, or otherwise extract information from this Site or the Content in whole or in part
- use or attempt to use another’s account, password, service, system or other information without prior written authorization from OPE Careers
- create or use a false identity on this Site
- attempt to obtain unauthorized access to this Site or portions of this Site that are restricted from general access
- transmit on, to or from this Site spam, chain letters, junk mail or any other type of unsolicited mass e-mail
- harvest or otherwise collect information about others, except for the sole stated purposes provided by this Site, including e-mail addresses, without their consent
- register an e-mail address that you do not own or for which you do not have the express permission of the owner to register.
You may post certain Materials to the Site. You may only post Materials for the lawful, stated purposes of this Site. You may not post or transmit any Materials that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, libellous, vulgar, obscene, or tortuous or materials which infringe or violate any third party’s copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy or other proprietary or property right or that could constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law.
In addition, you agree that you are solely responsible for actions and communications undertaken or transmitted in the course of your usage of this Site, and that you will comply with all laws that apply or may apply to your use of or activities on this Site or in respect of the Materials and Content.
OPE Careers reserves the right at all times to disclose any Materials provided by you as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or remove any Materials, in whole or in part, that in OPE Careers’ sole discretion is objectionable or in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
4. Registration and Password
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your registration information and password. You shall be responsible for all uses of your registration, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify OPE Careers of any unauthorized use of your registration or password.
5. Proprietary Rights
Limited License and Copyright. This Site, including all Content, is protected by Canadian and worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions. You agree to comply with all copyright laws worldwide in your use of this Site and to prevent any unauthorized copying of the Content. Except as expressly provided herein, OPE Careers does not grant any express or implied right or license to you under any intellectual property right, including under any patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret, or confidential information, of OPE Careers.
Trademarks. The Service names, company names and logos used on this Site may be trademarks, including registered trademarks of OPE Careers. Such Service names, company names and logos of OPE Careers may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent of OPE Careers. Other services and company names mentioned on this Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Reservation of Rights. OPE Careers’ services, methods and processes may be covered by one or more patents or other intellectual property rights, and are subject to trade secret and other proprietary rights. OPE Careers reserves all such rights.
6. Links and Third Party Materials
Certain links on this Site may take you to other web sites. OPE Careers provides these links only as a convenience. These linked sites are not necessarily under the control of OPE Careers. OPE Careers is not responsible for the contents of any such linked page or any other page not under its control. If you use these sites, you will leave this Site. If you decide to visit any linked site, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to take all protective measures to guard against viruses and other destructive elements.
7. Linking Agreement
OPE Careers welcomes links to its Internet web home page. If you want to link to this Site, you may do so.
If you link to this Site, OPE Careers grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license to use the OPE Careers trademark and Internet icons, if available, solely for the purpose of serving as a link from your web site to this Site. Except for the limited license to use the Licensed Marks granted in this paragraph, you may not use any of OPE Careers’ trademarks or service marks for any reason without OPE Careers’ prior written permission.
If you link to this Site, your web site:
- may not create frames around any part of this Site or use other techniques that alter the visual presentation of this Site;
- may not imply that OPE Careers is endorsing you or your products or services.
- may not imply an affiliation between your company and OPE Careers without the prior written consent of OPE Careers;
- may not misrepresent your relationship with OPE Careers or present false or misleading impressions about OPE Careers’ Services; and
- may not contain materials that may be interpreted as distasteful or offensive and should be appropriate for all age groups;
- OPE Careers shall have no responsibility or liability for any content appearing on your web site;
- OPE Careers may at any time, in its sole discretion, immediately terminate your license to use the Licensed Marks and your right to link to this Site, with or without cause. If OPE Careers exercises this right, you will immediately remove all links to this Site and cease using the Licensed Marks;
- OPE Careers may amend these Link Conditions at any time. You agree to abide by these Link Conditions and other legal terms and conditions on this Site, as amended from time to time.
You acknowledge that any use of or reliance on this Site or any Content shall be at your sole risk. OPE Careers makes no representation or warranty of any kind regarding the Site and/or the Content, including with respect to the information provided by third-party legal and other consultants, all of which are provided on an “AS IS” basis. OPE CAREERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. OPE CAREERS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE WILL CONTINUE TO OPERATE, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTIONS OR THAT IT WILL BE ERROR-FREE.
Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the information provided on this Site is for general informational purposes only. Information provided on the Site with a byline, identification of publication source, or any other sort of third-party identifier, including the Legal Q&A and other columns, is provided by third parties on an “As Is” basis, and OPE Careers does not review it. OPE Careers and its third party consultants do not warrant or guarantee the truth, accuracy or completeness of this information. No lawyer-client, advisory, fiduciary or other relationship is created by accessing or otherwise using this Site. The Ontario Legal Q&A and the Québec Legal Q&A provide information only about the laws in force in their respective provinces and do not provide information about the laws in force in any other Canadian province or in any other jurisdiction. It is not intended to be legal advice of any kind. No one should act, or refrain from acting, based solely upon this or other general information without first seeking appropriate legal or other professional advice.
This Site contains materials, data and information which is provided, posted or offered by third parties, including third party provided content, advertisements and user content. You agree that OPE Careers shall have no liability whatsoever for any such third party material, data or information.
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any resume, posting or other Materials placed by you, as applicable on the Site.
OPE Careers shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason made, by any entity posting jobs on the Site.
10. Limitation of Liability
YOU AGREE THAT OPE CAREERS AND ANY THIRD PARTY MENTIONED ON THIS SITE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DAMAGES FOR HARM TO BUSINESS, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR PROGRAMS OR DATA, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF SAVINGS, LOSS OF REVENUE), ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF OR ACCESS TO, OR THE INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS, THIS SITE, THE MATERIALS, ANY CONTENT PROVIDED OR ANY LINKED WEBSITE OF A THIRD PARTY, EVEN IF OPE CAREERS, OR SUCH A THIRD PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSS. In any event, you agree that OPE Careers’ aggregate liability for damages shall be limited to $100.
The limitations of liability and disclaimers in these Terms and Conditions apply regardless of the form of action, whether in contract, warranty, civil liability, delict, quasi-delict, strict liability, negligence, or other tort and shall survive a fundamental breach or breaches, or the failure of the essential purpose of contract or the failure of an exclusive remedy.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless each of OPE Careers, its affiliates, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, including all third parties mentioned at the Site, from and against any and all claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of the Site and the Content or your breach of these Terms and Conditions.